“The oral tradition of storytelling offers insight, inspiration and meaning in our own journey as we travel our unique Jewish Path.” –Brian Rohr
Are you preparing for your Bar or Bat Mitzvah?
Are you wanting to offer something different to your community?
Jewish Storyteller Brian Rohr’s workshops for pre-B’nai Mitzvot offer a unique opportunity for pre-B’nais to:
- create a truly unique drash that will be a living gift to their family and congregation
- immerse in the parshat stories
- deepen their relationship with Torah
- gain confidence in public speaking
- build Jewish community with youth from all around Portland
- weave personal stories with ancient texts to uncover old meaning and make new sense
- link stories meaningfully with Mitzvah projects
Brian’s support is intended as an adjunct to, not a replacement for, regular B’nai Mitzvah preparation. These workshops are a way to deepen your regular studies as you prepare for that sacred time on the bima, and to build a relationship with Living Torah that will last well beyond this time.
Participants meet for 2 hours each week for 10 weeks. Each series is limited to ___ participants.
Brian also offers one-on-one mentoring. Please inquire below for details.
To apply for the workshop series, please submit a one-page essay by ____ , answering this question:
How might the ancient art of storytelling enliven the stories of the Torah?
Brian Rohr was honored by JT News as one of 10 Jewish people under 40 doing important and inspirational works in the community. He has performed and taught nationally for Jewish communities and organizations and was a Keynote Performer at the “Tapestry of Jewish Learning” in Austin, TX.
Contact: [email protected]
For more information: website/workshop page on the website
For more information about Brian Rohr: brianrohr.com/jewish-storytelling/